Friday, March 6, 2009

Stay healthy. Stay balanced.

Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
~1 Corinthians 9:25-27


Since Tuesday, I've been hitting the gym every morning, it's a healthy release of emotions for me, and it brings me joy. I've been out of a routine for about 7 - 8 months, now. I almost forgot how much I love working out.

I believe keeping healthy and maintaining a proper diet is good for everyone. It takes self-discipline to get up in the morning before work to push out an extensive work out. It builds pride within yourself when you see the results of your hard work. It's addictive.

Everyone likes to feel attractive. Everyone likes to feel good.

Your body, is your temple.

Not only does eating healthy and working out, provide a healthier outer appearance but it also provides nourishment to your inner body. It increases your endorphins which lead to you being happy. It gets stagnant blood flowing through your system and it flushes out your toxins which decrease your chances of clogged arteries, stroke, cancer, etc...

My regime is going to become more extensive each week. I'm going to push harder for myself. I don't have a certain goal I want to obtain, I'm proving to myself I can do it. I have the will-power. I'm in control. I'm disciplined enough to push my body to its limits. I'm better than a machine...LOL

After being sick for 2 weeks, I don't ever want to encounter that experience, again. Being in shape and eating healthy also prevents you from getting sick easily. In a way, it builds up your immunities.

It's about mind, body, and soul. If you provide the proper input, the output is surprisely good;-)

I'm joining a kickball team, thanks to my friend's Adrian and Valerie. Can't wait to start. If you're interested in being apart of the fun, here's the site to register www.gokickball.com Looking forward to my first season.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun. I need to get back to working out. I did it last year for a while and enjoyed it but I've not had the discipline lately to get back into a routine. Hopefully I'll do that soon.. :) Good luck. :) :)

    ReplyDelete