Monday, February 16, 2009

Feeding your Family

“On days when warmth is the most important need of the human heart, the kitchen is the place you can find it...”
E.B.White

I enjoyed a nice dinner, yesterday. I cooked. Everyone sat at the kitchen table, with no outside distractions, engaged in conversation while eating their food.

My family used to go to my Granmother's house every Sunday for dinner, when I was younger, and I look back now, and realize those are the majority of memories with my Grandmother, along with my other family members.

With our busy world and lives, I believe it's important to spend quality time with your family. I believe it's important to set aside, atleast one night, to have a home cooked family meal.

It's a nice bonding experience.

If you're a woman, who doesn't know how to cook, put forth the extra effort to learn how to prepare one meal for your family. It doesn't have to be gourmet, just made with love. I'm certain it'll make you feel good to prepare your special dinner and serve it to them. It's a good way to show your appreciation to your family, loved ones, and friends.

Plus as the old saying goes "The best way to a man's heart is through his stomach".

3 comments:

  1. I agree with this blog so very much. Studies prove that children who eat dinner with their parent(s) around the dinner table have higher self-esteem, self-confidence and perform better in school. I am not a rule stickler, per se, but my husband and Laurel know that I will not allow them to eat dinner around the television. It is non-negotiable. This is one rule that I decided on before I became a Mom because it is a fond memory that I have of growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with this as well...once jordan gets big enough to sit in his high chair...we are going to have table dinners...right now though, its kind of hard because one person is wrestling with him while the other one eats...and since i am still nursing him...its kinda hard ha...but i loved this blog cause it has inspired me even more to cook more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right about that. So many people these days get in too much of a rush and don't spend that quality time with their family. I'm glad you got to enjoy a special dinner with your family. :)

    ReplyDelete