Tuesday, January 6, 2009

This holiday season was composed of heartache and tragedy. My brother's fiance's little sister was shot and killed Christmas Day causing mass confusion amongst my family. My son was out of town at his father's house, I was going through a break-up, and experiencing a whirl-wind of emotions.
But I'm grateful to live another day. I'm grateful for my family. And I'm especially grateful for the strength inside of me to overcome all these obstacles and still be strong for my family.

"If God can bring you to it, he can bring you through it"

I'm not sure who to credit for the quote but I've always liked it.

God or whomever you refer to as your creator, has provided us with the proper utensils to adapt to certain situations and overcome trials you never fathomed possible.

I've learned the hard way to never let anything or anyone get you down to the point to where you don't want to live, anymore. I learned the hard way to know there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. If you just keep walking the Light will prevail.

Life is too precious to waste a moment not enjoying the gift that's been given to you. Cathleen Hernandez was only 20 years old. I don't think she was ready to go, but it happened anyways.
She was young and had a full life ahead of her. Her purpose here on Earth was served and her time was up.

Don't put things off. Do them today. "Now" is the time.

Keep the faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment