Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"Never take someone for granted. Hold every person close to your heart because you might wake up one day and realize that you've lost a diamond while you were too busy collecting stones."

After spending some much needed quality time with my brother, and becoming closer to his fiance Melissa. I've realized how I've taken their places in my life for granted. You never expect something bad to happen to someone close to you, but life will throw you a curve ball.

My brother and I used to stick together like peanut butter and jelly. I considered him one of my best friends, but over the past year or so, we've grown apart. He has his own family now, doing his own thing.

After his fiance's sister died a few weeks back, I started to think about my own relationship with my brother. I haven't spent any quality time with him. If something were to happen to him, I'd regret not having a close relationship with him.

We made up for lost time, my son got to hang out with his cousin-in-laws...LOL, and things are back on track.

I've wasted so much time focusing my attention on people, and things that didn't/don't matter. Your family will always be your family. Your family will love you no matter what mistakes you make in life. Your family will always be there for you. Let them know you love them, and strive to spend quality time with them. You never know when they will leave this place, but it's guaranteed to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment