Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Make Love Not War

Here is an amazing quote I felt would be appropriate to share with everyone today.

"Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance." -The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, article 18

I'm disappointed in the racism and hate displayed from both sides, today.

What has happened to good sportsmanship values?

My son is 5 years old and if he lost to anyone or anything in his life, and retaliated by hate, I'd be ashamed. I've raised him to show respect towards his teammates and competitors. Although, he loves to win, he knows to be kind. He'll have to practice and work harder for next time.

Have you guys forgotten the phrase, "May the best man win"?

Obama ran a strong campaign against McCain. He worked hard, if not harder than any other presidential candidate due to his race, personal affiliations, and his background.

Give him a chance to show us what he can do. I, personally, work better when I have people supporting me, and my decisions. He hasn't given anyone a reason to not show him respect for his hard work and effort over the course of his life to achieve his dream.

Barack Obama becoming our 44th President, today, restores faith in our democracy. We, the people, do have a choice, our voice does count, and we can achieve anything we want in life, if we work hard at it.

His ambition is nothing less than admiral. His drive is something we all should strive to acquire. His perseverance, especially during critical times, demonstrates the power to never give up.

I'm not a Democrat. I'm a Libertarian.

He's earned the right for a fair chance. Why not give it to him?
Barack Obama could've easily given up. He could've easily walked away. He chose to keep progressing forward, not for himself, but for our people, for our nation, because he believes he can make a difference. I believe him. His accomplishments, thus far, speak for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment