Sunday, December 21, 2008

Amazing Grace

"I once was lost, but now am found, was blind, but now I see."

That's a verse from the song "Amazing Grace", lets take a moment to dissect this verse.

Being lost in life causes great turmoil, and is the basis of neurosis. To find a proper solution to every problem, you must identify the root or the source. One must bring the root to light, and make the proper steps to correct the problem.

But now am found means you discovered the root and cured yourself of the issue through discipline, and you're now the person you were meant to be and able to fulfill your purpose. Healing yourself allows you room to grow spiritually.

Was blind represents you were unaware of your neurosis prohibiting you to advance into a better person, or overcome your negative past experience/trauma
.
But now I see, you found the root of the problem, you took the necessary steps to correct it, and you've opened your mind to the truth of who you are and why you are the way you are and you've overcome your neurosis to fulfill your purpose in life.

I'm sharing my past experiences with everyone to share the truth of who I am, good and bad, because I want to be a better person. I've come to realize I still have some anger that lives inside of me. It doesn't come out often, but when it does, it's not pretty. I think doing a public psychoanlysis/psychotherapy of my past will help me release this anger, and maybe help some people along the way.

We've all experienced the highs and lows in life. We've all made decisions we regret. But it doesn't matter, it's nothing that can't be fixed or overcome. It all depends on how you react, and if you learned a lesson. Don't repeat the same mistakes over. And don't talk about changing, do it.

I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me. I love who I am, now, and the person I've become over the years. Don't let mistakes consume you and define who you are, if you're not happy with certain areas of your life, you must identitify the problem, and be willing to change. It won't be easy, but it'll be worth it.

Love yourself, first. It's the first rule to attracting people who will love you for you. Spiritual growth and development is the key ingredient to fully loving someone, especially yourself. If someone hinders you from continuing to grow, their position in your life, might need to be re-evaluated.

It's a gradual process, and I'm still working on myself. I've had a few set-backs, but I know I am where I am because this is where I'm supposed to be. I'm going to continue to strive to be a better person, everyday.

I'd love for everyone to join me on my journey through my past, my present, and my future. Your opinions, comments, concerns, encouragement, questions, etc...are always welcome.

It's been a long day, I've been on the road since 9 this morning and drove to Greenville, South Carolina with my mom to meet my son's father, so he could spend some time with his daddy for Christmas. And the ndrove back to Alabama.

I'll continue with my story from yesterday, tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment