Friday, July 17, 2009

Changing the world one person at a time...

"Men build too many walls, and not enough bridges." Sir Isaac Newton

It feels good to receive encouragement. It feels even better to know someone truly believes in you. Sometimes someone else's extention of trust can make all the difference in the world. It can provide the extra push, especially when you feel like giving up.

What you must realize is you can do the same for others! You can help them rise to the challenge, discover their hidden potential, and basically help make contributions that benefit us all.

When people make good decisions and strive for excellence we all benefit from it.

How does it make you feel to hear someone say "you can do it", "I believe in you", "You have what it takes to succeed", "You're doing a great job", etc...? Simply hearing the words create the ability for someone to become successful in their goals.

People who extend their trust to you are viewed as mentors, role models, leaders, and heroes. I become overwhelmed with emotions of gratitude when I think about the people who have made a difference in my life.

If you're a parent, think of the difference it makes in your child when you provide support towards their personal goals. If you're at their sporting events cheering them on. I know Tre's little eyes light-up when he hears me yell or cheer him on during his events. He loves to hear he's done a great job on everything he achieves. Even beating a particular score or "bad guy" on his Wii or DS. LOL He knows I believe in him. I want to instill inside of him he can achieve anything in life. He has the power to move mountains.

I'm striving for excellence, not just for myself, but also for my son. I'm his role model, his hero, his mother, his backbone for support, etc... Instead of building walls, I want to help build bridges in life. I want you to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment