Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Needles aren't scary

For those of you who aren't familiar with acupuncture, it's the technique of inserting needles into specific points on the body to relieve pain or for therapeutic purposes. Acupuncture points are situated on meridians along which qi (chi is how you pronounce it), the vital energy, flows.

I had my first experience with acupuncture, Saturday. It was weird, but I recommend it to everyone. Since Saturday, my body has released a ton of toxins emotionally, mentally, and physically. I have my next appointment, tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to it.

My purpose for participating in this ancient Chinese practice was to release negative emotions trapped in my body. Negative emotions are formed by: A negative or traumatic experience; emotions are created in response to your experience, which leads to an imbalance inside the body; and then the body's energy system is disrupted. After a series of questions, and an evaluation, the acupuncturist determined I had liver stagnation.

If you'd like to know more about liver stagnation, here's an insightful link:

http://www.acufinder.com/Acupuncture+Information/Detail/The+Liver+and+Liver+Qi+Stagnation


He proceeded to stick 2 needles in each ear and 4 needles in my legs. He gave me some herbal medicine to soften my liver and generate new blood flow.

Kinda cool, huh?


If you'd like to set up an appointment, here's the link to my acupuncturist:

http://www.chineseherbsacupuncture.com/home.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment