Friday, April 17, 2009

The Devil's Advocate

"Your neighbors are the channel through which your virtues are tested and come to birth...just as those who are evil give birth to all their vices through their neighbors." ~Catherine of Siena

I've become a hermit in the recent weeks. I felt due to personal issues, it was best for me to distance myself from everyone. During the process of my life, during hardships, I'd gradually get off course. This time I decided to stop, make some corrections, deal with my issues at hand, and renew myself so I didn't unconsciously begin to absorb and live by the negative values of the world. It'd also be a slow process of attracting the wrong people into my life.

There's a latin phrase in Christianity: Semper Reformanda. It means, "Always in need of Reform." Nothing can stay the same where it is at any point in history.

I work for an air conditioning company. 20 years ago, the main source of finding a company was in the phone book, now it's the internet. We're having a website built with tags to find us on a search engine. We're still the same company, offering the same services, but we had to make changes to keep our business running efficiently.

When you're faced with dilemmas, stop and rethink your course of action, so you're not always running against the wind. Make changes within yourself to improve the quality of your life and those around you.

If you don't stop and take a look around, you may never see "what" or "who" you're sending open invitations to experience/influence your daily routine.

Reform? Improvement? The best place to start is with yourself.

Just like our company, you need to make the proper adjustments to keep your world running the most effective and efficiently as possible.

1 comment:

  1. Good Blog. I enjoyed reading a few of your other blogs. You have a gift.

    ReplyDelete